Friday, May 11, 2007

Look What the Lord Has Done..

This morning, Willie came to Byrnes and sang and gave a brief testimony to the FCA here. As he was standing there praising God and talking to the young students at my school, I couldn't help but marvel at how God has changed him in such a short amount of time.
I thought about what he told them as i watched the class of 2007 at their awards day ceremony this morning. I wondered how many of them knew Jesus and how many of them had a close and personal relationship with God. I thought about the paths that they would choose to take and wondered how many of them would be able to live out there dreams.
Then I realized that God has a plan for each and every one of us. We don't always know what that plan is and it may not always be the plan that we had in mind for our lives, but what I do know is that we must actively seek God's voice and actively live for Him so that what we are doing will be a part of what He has planned for us.
I am sure that in 1998 when he graduated from high school, Willie never imagined that he would be addressing a crowd of high school kids about his faith in God and how it has changed his life, but just look what the Lord has done!!

No comments: